Never before has the traditional understanding of business models and business processes been so revolutionised. Technology is becoming a core competence of the best companies, but it can only develop its impact through interaction with business management. This course addresses that interface between technology and business management.
You will learn how to appreciate megatrends and enabling technologies. After completing this module you will know:
- How to explain digital transformation, Industry 4.0 and the journey of digital business to key stakeholders.
- The role of processing technologies, data storage technologies, mobile transmission rates, and costs associates to technologies.
- How digital enterprise transformation is based on enabling technologies.
You will learn how to leverage key digital technologies such big data, artificial intelligence, virtual and augmented reality, 3D printing, drones, the internet of things, and blockchain. After completing this module you will know:
- The eight essential technologies for Digital Transformation
- How to explain the benefits of the internet of things, virtual reality, augmented reality, blockchain, big data and artificial intelligence.
- Understand the fundamentals of robotics, drones and 3D printing.
You will learn how to capitalise on key digital trends such as mobilisation, sharing, individualisation, intermediation, and democratisation. After completing this module you will know:
- How to explain the most important digital trends.
- How those digital trends are related to key technologies.
- How digital trends impact enterprises.
You will learn how to better appreciate digital disruption in various industries, along with business model innovation and digital business models. After completing this module you will know:
- How to explain the digital transformation approach and give examples of digital disruption from various industries.
- How exponential growth can cause disruptions.
- Understand zero marginal costs, the primary digital business models, and how to build a digital business model.
You will learn how to develop a digital strategy using the digital capability framework and maturity models. After completing this module you will know:
- The eight steps to define a digital strategy and how to use digital maturity models to develop a digital strategy.
- The maturity models for the six digital capabilities and how the innovation process can be mapped to the Digital Capability Framework.
- Digital use case examples for different industries and the case study of Schindler.
You will learn the impact of digitisation on small media enterprises, employment, data protection and ethics. After completing this module you will know:
- How to explain the impact of technology on employment.
- How humans and technology can complement one another.
- How to discuss ethical issues and security risks associated with digitisation.
After completing this course you will know how to:
- Assess the impact of current trends, technologies, business models on various industries
- Develop value-add strategies to use and manage the changes
- Assess the impact of digital technologies on the internal and inter-company value chain
- Justify the value contribution of digital strategy.
- Evaluate different models, procedures, methods and tools and apply them flexibly
- Think through the opportunities and risks of digitisation as an individual and relate your own values to them
- Appreciate the typical difficulties that arise the development of a digital strategy
- Develop approaches to solving some of the typical difficulties of developing a digital strategy.
- Create and measure value arising from digital technologies for different industries
- How to start a digital transformation initiative and convince key stakeholders